20 January 2000
New Safety publication launched
This month sees the launch of a brand new monthly health and safety bulletin from the trade-union research organisation, the Labour Research Department (LRD).
Safety Rep includes the latest health and safety and environmental news drawn from LRD's popular publications together with new material, unique to Safety Rep.
The first issue looks at:
- the Health and Safety Commission (HSC) discussion document on employee consultation and involvement in health and safety;
- TUC calls for stiffer penalties for safety breaches;
- industrial action in protest at stress and bullying in call centres; and
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) funded research on repetitive strain injuries (RSI); and
- HSE advice on medium density fibreboard (MDF).
The second issue examines:
- HSE and union advice on who competent persons, required to be appointed under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999;
- calls by an MP for directors of companies who cause deaths through work to be imprisoned;
- union action on working time;
- union-backed compensation claims for stress and passive smoking; and
- a round up of the latest legislative changes in health and safety.
The bulletin is aimed at safety reps who may not currently see LRD's other publications and will in an invaluable tool for keeping reps up-to-date. It will be distributed direct to safety reps via their unions.
To place an order or for further details, contact Paul Stephenson or Andrea Oates on 020 7902 9826, e-mail email@example.com